Lighting Control Sensors
In new and existing buildings, lighting control sensors help you meet energy reduction targets and comply with associated building and environmental legislation and guidelines.
As well as improving a building’s environmental performance, lighting control sensors reduce operational costs and enhance the user experience of a building.
Helvar systems use lighting control sensors to automatically control lighting and other building systems. Some of the most common uses are:
- switch lights on when people enter the room or space
- keep lights on while people remain in the room or space
- switch lights off when the room or space is unoccupied by people
- as the amount of natural daylight in the room or space changes throughout the day, adjust lights up and down to maintain an appropriate and constant light level
- keep a room cool and pleasant by adjusting blinds and other window dressings in response to external light levels
When considering the use of lighting control sensors, and deciding on how to control your lighting to maximise your building’s comfort, performance and sustainability, it is useful to understand the concepts of Absence Detection, Presence Detection and Daylight Harvesting.
LINKS TO FURTHER INFORMATION
ALL LIGHTING CONTROL SENSOR PRODUCTS